Do you feel like your relationship is at a standstill? Are you and your partner stuck in the same argument loop every night? Do you feel like you and your partner are drifting apart? Are things just not the way they used to be?
Couples therapy might help. No matter how big or small the challenge, couples therapy can help you and your partner communicate your feelings and needs, and get you want you want out of your relationship.
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are:
- Poor communication and frequent conflict
- Feeling emotionally distanced from your partner
- Specific problems such as infidelity, money, parenting, chronic illness, and addiction
- Couples that are affected by trauma (one or both or trauma within the relationship) may find couples therapy beneficial.
- Pre-marital counselling
As a couple’s therapist my goal is to help your relationship by helping you and your partner improve communication, disarm conflict; increase intimacy, respect, and affection; remove barriers that create a feeling of stagnancy; and create a heightened sense of empathy and understanding for one another.
What to Expect
The first appointment is an assessment. I will be getting to know you, your partner, and your relationship.
Then I will meet individually with each of you for one session.
Afterwards, if you both agree that I am a good fit, we will begin couples therapy.
- Sessions are generally 60-90 minutes in length